New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Freeagentrider91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

well so i can't upload pics becuase my files are too big
What should i do?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:21 PM
tmj5800

cut the photos down in size

Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Go visit our Chop Shop Section. One of the many topics will walk you thru the process.

Dusty

Old 05-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Snipe2001
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Hello my name is Craig and I am new to this website. I have a 2002 DOdge Stratus Se 2.4L DOHC. I am trying to make it faster. I have found an AEM intake, MSD ignition and wires and was wondering where I could find some exhaust headers and exhaust. I typed in what type of engine I have in Yahoo and it comes up with OBX headers for a PT Cruiser that has a the same engine. Could anybody give me some advice?

Old 05-23-2008, 06:16 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Craig!! Just visit our Stratus Section and the folks there will be happy to help you out!!

Dusty

Old 05-24-2008, 05:33 PM
MisterEd
Default New Member Intro and Needing Help!! (long post)

Hello - my name is Ed and I live rurally outside the small town of LaPine, OR. I have owned many Dodges from my first, a pristine '65 four door Dart to my current a 2000 Neon which is where the "Help Needed" part comes in. About 2 months ago on a routine run I make and upon return it began to "stumble" and lose power. I pulled over and it continued to to idle but very rough. I was out of cell range and in the mountains so it was spend the night in the car or try to limp it along. It started up again and idled ok but would not accelerate. I shut it off and waited a few minutes and it started up and seemed to run fine. it made it the next 50 miles and then it stumbled again. It would not come back to normal this time but it did get me home at approximately 20 mph for about 10 miles. The check engine light came on and set the codes, # 1684 and 0171 which I have already researched. Fortunately a good friend of mine is a well respected mechanic in my area and I took it to him for some ideas. He ran it all afternoon on the scanner and it did not repeat the problem. A few days later the codes cleared, the light went out and for the next month and a half it seemed to run fine until this week. It started "stumbling" again but this time the check engine light would flash four times and not stay lit. I talked to him and fortunately he happens to have a 98 Neon in his shop with a blown motor so he suggested I take the coil pack and swap it out to see if that was the problem. It was not and started to stumble again but would eventually run. He suggested I try swapping out the crank position sensor with the one from the dead Neon. I did that last night and it seemed to run ok. Ironically I had to make the same run today and it ran great to where I had to go but on the return trip started "stumbling" again AND at almost the same location as the first time a couple months ago, but this time it would idle ok but pushing the gas pedal did nothing. I shut it off, waited a few minutes and started it up again and as the first time ran fine for about 50 miles and then again almost at the same location on the way home started stumbling, the check engine light began flashing the four times but this time, as before, it stayed lit and set the same codes again - 1684 and 0171. As before it stumbled for awhile and then suddenly came to life and seemed to run normally but with the check engine light on. My mechanic friend is bewildered as am I. Any ideas? I am ready to go nuts here. The bottom line is it definately seems like an ignition problem (as opposed to fuel) because when it stumbles it is like a switch turning the engine on and off. PCM going bad? HELP!!!! Thanks - Ed

Old 05-24-2008, 05:51 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: New Member Intro and Needing Help!! (long post)

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Ed!! Just scroll down the home page to the Neon Section and you'll get all the help you need!!

Dusty

Old 05-25-2008, 10:04 AM
04ram1500v6
Default hello to all

I'll be over in the ram 3rd gen V6 topics forum

Old 05-25-2008, 12:31 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: hello to all

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 05-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Madcars20

Just spent 3 hours in the 3rd gen Ram forum.

Had to join.

Gonna be a lot of questions

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself