New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:30 PM
d_sinsley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im new and introducing myself

Hey,

I have a 98 ram 1500 and its paid for. So instead of a new truck and new truck payment I am going to throw alot of hard earned money at the old beater and make her a cool ride. I am here because you all have been there and done it and I want advice.

Devon

Old 06-30-2009, 08:55 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF d! Well we are all here to help, so get on with it

Old 06-30-2009, 02:30 PM
sgt nelson

Hello,

so glad a can finaly fined a site to talk to only dodge goons i my self one my second dodge ram its a 2005 dodge ram 1500 QC 4x4 with $6.500 in it allready and i want more so i nead help so i came hear...so thanks and if you know any good deals help me out...

sgt nelson

Old 06-30-2009, 11:04 PM
goat4x4_08

hey guys! my name is Paden i'm 19. i have a 98 1500 that i LOVE!!!! and i also have a 85 1500 4x4 offroad rig. both are great. love site so far!
thanx!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 05:54 AM
SPARTANENGINEER1701
Professional
Default Spartanengineer1701

my name is hancock i drink alot and im here,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh wait thats a movie

ok try again take 2

im 41 i put my first big block in at the age of 15, 400cid/69 dart 2dr hard top

gear head extreme , at 19 the navy called i went ,got into GSM gas turbine mechanic,had an accident discharged

MISS THE NAVY I WISH I WAS BACK IN FIGHTING FOR MY COUNTRY,

SO ended up in college taking ele engineering ,very hard to me
i didnt know they used letters instead of numbers n math class,go figure
and apparently there is imaginary numbers ,and i asked how to see them if there imaginary.

note; some profs don't have a sense of humor.

but cad and pro-e and thermal dynamics play a very large roll in MOPAR BUILDING.

current builds 92 stealth 84 dodge pickup
maybe a DAYTONA 88
own several engines 440 360 318 225 3.0 superstock 440 1971 block about a 600 hp motor low est

but if you combine new tech with old tech ie,fuel injection, spark timing, a/f ratio
and the ability to make circuits for such its fun.

and try to be a good roll model for my kids 8-10
b/g there gear heads too.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Shadow67

Hey all, one more new guy. I'm currently in Newburgh NY, great place if your looking to raise a family, good schools, fair taxes. Not many places you can say that about. I started working on cars in HS (of course). Started with a 302 Ford, moved up to a 350 chevy malibu (still like chevy small blocks, sorry). Now I'm cruisin' what my friends call the Rev Van (as in reverand). No, I'm not a reverand, it's just a 15 passenger van with a 5.9 gas engine. It works for me, I have 4 kids, I have enough room where they don't even have to see each other.

Like the last guy, I spent time in the service, but I did electronics for the Army. Worked a lot with night vission infrared and gyroscopic motion detection. So if you want to run with out headlights or want to counter some of that body roll with a 100 pound stabilizing gyro, I might be your guy. Or maybe not

Old 07-01-2009, 10:51 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by sgt nelson
Hello,

so glad a can finaly fined a site to talk to only dodge goons i my self one my second dodge ram its a 2005 dodge ram 1500 QC 4x4 with $6.500 in it allready and i want more so i nead help so i came hear...so thanks and if you know any good deals help me out...

sgt nelson
Welcome to DF! I am glad you found us too!

Originally Posted by goat4x4_08
hey guys! my name is Paden i'm 19. i have a 98 1500 that i LOVE!!!! and i also have a 85 1500 4x4 offroad rig. both are great. love site so far!
thanx!!!
Welcome to DF goat!

Originally Posted by SPARTANENGINEER1701
my name is hancock i drink alot and im here,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh wait thats a movie

ok try again take 2

im 41 i put my first big block in at the age of 15, 400cid/69 dart 2dr hard top

gear head extreme , at 19 the navy called i went ,got into GSM gas turbine mechanic,had an accident discharged

MISS THE NAVY I WISH I WAS BACK IN FIGHTING FOR MY COUNTRY,

SO ended up in college taking ele engineering ,very hard to me
i didnt know they used letters instead of numbers n math class,go figure
and apparently there is imaginary numbers ,and i asked how to see them if there imaginary.

note; some profs don't have a sense of humor.

but cad and pro-e and thermal dynamics play a very large roll in MOPAR BUILDING.

current builds 92 stealth 84 dodge pickup
maybe a DAYTONA 88
own several engines 440 360 318 225 3.0 superstock 440 1971 block about a 600 hp motor low est

but if you combine new tech with old tech ie,fuel injection, spark timing, a/f ratio
and the ability to make circuits for such its fun.

and try to be a good roll model for my kids 8-10
b/g there gear heads too.

Welcome to DF Spartan! Souinds like you have a ton of projects in many different fields!

Originally Posted by Shadow67
Hey all, one more new guy. I'm currently in Newburgh NY, great place if your looking to raise a family, good schools, fair taxes. Not many places you can say that about. I started working on cars in HS (of course). Started with a 302 Ford, moved up to a 350 chevy malibu (still like chevy small blocks, sorry). Now I'm cruisin' what my friends call the Rev Van (as in reverand). No, I'm not a reverand, it's just a 15 passenger van with a 5.9 gas engine. It works for me, I have 4 kids, I have enough room where they don't even have to see each other.

Like the last guy, I spent time in the service, but I did electronics for the Army. Worked a lot with night vission infrared and gyroscopic motion detection. So if you want to run with out headlights or want to counter some of that body roll with a 100 pound stabilizing gyro, I might be your guy. Or maybe not
Welcome to DF again Shadow. I was in Newburgh earlier this year, well I stayed in Fishkill, for some yearly work that my company does up there! It is a nice area!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Shadow67

Fishkill is just across the river. If you're ever in the area again, drop a note. Lots of stuff to do here, there's actually a nice moinor league team just outside of Fishkill, the games are a blast!

Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Yeah you got it. I inspect the NYSBA Bridges and the Newburgh Bridges are 2 of the 6 we do. I have heard about from some of the guys in the area! COOL! Hammer Z71 one of the Admins is actually from that area originally, but has moved south.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Shadow67

Ha! the Newburgh-Beacon I presume. That thing, along with the guard rails in the Bear Mountain area, was supposed to creat a protectant scale as it rusted. I guess it didn't work out as they had to put a great effort into prepping and painting it.

Nice bridge though. Exactly a 2 mile walking path on the east bound side. I walked from Newburgh into the Beacon waterfront with my family last year. Quite a hike, and quite a fright having my kids on such a high bridge! I'm not acrophobic for me, but I damn sure am for them!

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself