New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Ram owner from canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 PM
DarkriderSE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ram owner from canada

Hey guys, My name is Chris and i am from Lloydminster Sask Canada, I recently became the new owner of a 1981 Dodge Ram Custom SE in June. It has the 318 V8 2 barrel in it, I do not know what transmission is in it just yet, it came with a spare transmission and a spare Dodge 8 3/4" rear end. I suspect the spare trans and the one in the truck may be Torqueflite 904s. But am not 100% sure on that just yet. The truck was originally Silver and blue but is now primer black. The main goals at the moment are to repair the rust on the drivers side floor of the cab, replace the front fenders and doors with either new parts or used ones from the junk yard. Im also planning on replacing the box with one from the junk yard or patching up the original one. Either way the truck will be loosing its stock tail lights in favor of cadillac Deville tail lights. It currently has the roll pan style bumper on the rear but that too will be removed in favor of a roll pan. My goal is to build it in to a nice custom street truck. I will be lowering the rear end with a shackle drop and fitting a hidden hitch behind the roll pan with a flip up plate mount to hide it when it is not in use. I hope to learn a lot more about the Ram trucks on here and hopefully i will be able to contribute as well as my project progresses. Here are some pics of the truck that i took with my phone a few days after i bought it. I will upload more pics to photobucket when i get a chance.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM
DarkriderSE

Thanks guys i do have some pictures of the differential in this truck and the two transmissions hopefully i can get some answers about them here lol

Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard buddy! I'm a 3rd genner so I cannot help on your request. Ill let some of the more senior members answer.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:17 PM
DarkriderSE

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
Welcome aboard buddy! I'm a 3rd genner so I cannot help on your request. Ill let some of the more senior members answer.
Thank you!

Here are the pics in question i did post a thread in the 1st gen ram area as well about this but posting here in case they get seen in here faster lol

What diff is this? I can not seem to find anything remotely similar

This is the transmission i believe is a Torqueflite 904 it is a spare that came with the truck.

This is the transmission in the truck currently from what i can tell it appears to be a Torqueflite 727. The pan is a different shape from the spare and the pics i have looked at indicate the spare is a 904 and this one is a 727 am i correct on the ID?

Quick Reply: New Ram owner from canada