New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

story behind the name

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 07:32 PM
cheaptruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default story behind the name

I needed cheap wheels but I had to have a full size truck. I had $6,000 to my name, and figured I'd have to settle for a mid to late 90's "beater" with well over 100 K miles. I almost suckered in on just that kind of GMC when I CARFAXed it at the last minute and descovered a salvage title. Thanks to CARFAX I bailed while I still could and came across a smoking sweet deal that I now cruise in. To make a long story longer, my Dad bought a brand new 02 Ram in October of 01 and I always liked driving it. I was looking in the paper for private sales (steals) when I noticed a dealer listing that seemed to good to be true- 2003 Ram for $7,000. (This was in December of 2004 BTY) I thought, "no way this truck is in decent shape" but I had to call and see. The Dealer was way out in the sticks in a little town called Monkeytit about 1.5 hours away and he told me the details on the truck: Short cab, short bed (exactly what I wanted) light almond in color, 72 K miles, CD, Cruise, 17 inch chrome wheels, 3.7L, manual tranny. (Gas mileage is good) I thought, "well it was probably a construction truck and all scratched and dented or worse like wreck rebuild etc. But of course, I had to drive up and look. The dealer was pretty firm about not coming off the price but when I got there they hadn't made a sale all day and inventory was comming up so they just couldn't let my offer of $6 K go.

I haven't had a problem except for the check engine light coming on, the first time it happened my dumb butt freaked out and paid a dealer $50 to tell me my gas cap was loose. Now it comes on for a faulty oxygen sensor but It's intermittent and no big deal yet.

Last interesting tid bit. Previous owner was a convict. Stole from boss- bought a 2001 Dodge RAM!!

Old 07-15-2005, 08:33 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: story behind the name

welcome to DF, congrats on the truck

Old 07-15-2005, 10:10 PM
turboram
Record Breaker

ya welcome to DF

Old 07-16-2005, 12:08 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Dodge Forum. Although the name isn't as cool as "Monkeytit."

Where's monkeytit?

Old 07-16-2005, 06:02 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

That deal does sound too good to be true. Something we're looking for as well. Welcome to the forums =)

-Matt-

Quick Reply: story behind the name