New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New guy to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:22 AM
dan_porter_28@hotmaul.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy to the Forum

Hi guys, My name is Dan Porter and I live in Pawleys Island SC. I own a 2004 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2007 Chrsyler Siebring and 2001 Grand Caravan. I am having some problems with the Caravan, The old girl has 157,000 but still does not use any oil or leak, she has been solid. The old girl is stuck in LIMP mode, I replaced the both speed sensors, cheap and quick but no luck. She had a PO700 on the speedometer that would not reset by disconnecting the battery. I took her to the dealer and she had a 605 code so I replaced the TCM. I got a rebuilt module that is supposed to be programed with my VIN information and has a lifetime warranty. The 700 code on the speedometer would not reset on the old module, but it will reset now it I disconnect the battery, This leads me to belive the TCU did have a problem, but now after I reset the code she starts out in 1st gear but jumps back into LIMP mode before I reach the 1st shift point. I reinstalled the oiriginal speed sensors just to be sure I did not get a bad sensor from NAPA. the new and old sensors ohm out almost exactly the same, the plugs do not appear to have a broken wire, they read closed when I ohm them. Can I buy a code reader for a couple of 100 bucks that will pull the code out of the TCU. Dealer charges $85.00 to read them. I have had the fluid changed regularly and it is clean and their was no slug or metal shanving on the speed sensors, I don't thing she is tore interally. Any help would greatly welcomed.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:00 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. Check out the Ram and the Caravan sections,
FF

Old 07-31-2011, 01:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: New guy to the Forum