New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hi from Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 06:20 PM
firemanmatt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hi from Wisconsin

Don't worry, us Packer fans are VERY used to having to remind people that the world championships are now called Super Bowls, and it's all the same thing. To this day, when you win a Super Bowl, you are still credited with a World Championship!

Your Steelers have 4 SUPER BOWL trophies, and the Pack have 3, so I will give you a little credit if you want to look at it that way!

Best of all, the trophy all the teams fight for every year isn't called the Bill Cowher trophy, or the Fran Tarkenton trophy, or the Lynn Swan trophy, or even the Terry Bradshaw trophy. It's called the VINCE LOMBARDI trophy!

Seriously, I know Pittsburgh is one of the teams in the NFL that has a rich tradition and history like the Packers, and I also know that Steelers fans are VERY dedicated as well to their team. Just like the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, and a few other teams, we understand that our uniforms should always be the same uniform our teams have always wore, and don't need to be re-designed. We know where our team came from, how it all began, and how we got to where we are today. We support our teams through the good and the bad. When our team loses, the whole town's mood changes for an entire week. The 17 weeks of the year our team is fighting for a spot in the playoffs, we are obsessed with it. It becomes a part of us. Unlike baseball, or basketball, or hockey, we spend the first half of the following week talking about what went good or bad, and the second half of the week talking about how our team should do this weekend.

I salute teams like the Steelers that have a rich tradition, and stick to it no matter what. You especially should be happy with your Steelers now. You have a Quarterback that hardley knows the meaning of losing in the NFL so far. He is a true talent, and I can only see him getting even better. We have Brett Favre, and I wouldn't trade that for the world, but I know Ben Rothlesberger (sp) will probably put your Steelers in the Super Bowl in the next few years, and will also be a name you hear in football LONG after he does retire. When Brett Favre does retire, I hinestly hope Aaron Rogers can be half the quarterback Ben Rothlesberger has become in just one year in the NFL.

Good Luck, and GO PACK!

Old 07-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!! Awesome to have you with us!! GOt any pics of your Dakota?

~Amanda

Old 07-18-2005, 07:16 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GOD I LOVE FOOTBALL!

See you around Matt, and post some pictures of that Dakota if you get a chance.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:53 PM
firemanmatt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as my wife gets our new photo printer hooked up and working, I'll try and snap a few shots for you to see!

thanks again for all the warm welcomes!

Quick Reply: Hi from Wisconsin