New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hi, new here

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 AM
dodgegirl66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, new here

Hello, I am new here and just trying to find my way around. I have 2 dodge vehicles; a 1995 dodge dakota 6cyl magnum and a 1997 dodge stratus. I am trying to learn how to work on them myself because repairs through a shop are so expensive.

My stratus has lower ball joint issues and is sitting in my driveway on jack stands. I had heard there was a re-call for these lower arms and my car seemed to exhibit the symptoms described on the re-call article and the steering was getting bad but I guess my serial numbers did not match. I'm trying to figure out what to do next with that. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I just had an issue with my dakota this morning that the transmission slipped a little so I got the manual out and learned how to check the transmission fluid, I did it correctly and found that It actually does need some fluid so I'll do that and see what happens, I'm just not sure how to put it in and I know I don't want to over-fill it because that can cause more problems. I would love to learn how to restore the truck body and get it in good running condition because I actually love the truck. I inherited it from my dad. I'm in Connecticut if anyone is interested in helping me learn how to do this stuff. Just askin.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Aboard dodgegirl66! Stay tuned - a Technician (or member) will jump in shortly to provide a possible solutions. In the meantime, don't forget to browse Sub-Forums: Dakota and Sub-Forums: Stratus for stuff related to your ride.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty