New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Well, Another Newb here....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 04:18 AM
Aftrshck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, Another Newb here....

what do you get out of it??? I gotta know if I am gonna go through you....heh....
also...does anyone ever use the chat feature??? i have been on many boards and it NEVER gets used...i dont get it

Old 03-17-2004, 04:20 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I shouldn't disclose the deal on the forum, but every sale through DF helps me afford my TB for my 5.9 baby girl...

~Amanda

Old 03-17-2004, 04:25 AM
Aftrshck
Veteran

gotcha...its no biggie....I am not going to say anything....but I will mention DF when/if I end up doing the deed...heh....

It seems like in all the places I have looked and researched....no one has put together a write up on what to do first in your process of building your baby....way to many choices.....its frustrating...so I am going to do it how I figure it should be done....there are just so many reasons not to....ugh...too much thought involved.....

Old 03-17-2004, 04:30 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

I'd say the first is breathing better... exhaust, headers, TB, CAI and Intake Manifold... Performance PCM, plugs, wires, ignition system, 180 thermostat... higher gear, tightened suspension, posi traction...

Hmmm... sounds like my plans... LOL! Some done, I have the Edelbrock Ceramic Coated Shorty headers, performance cat back exhaust, K&N CAI, Performance PCM, 8.5MM MSD Wires, performance plugs and more... and more to come. LOL!!

~Amanda

Old 03-17-2004, 04:36 AM
Aftrshck
Veteran

sounds like you know what your planning to do....

the big thing for me...is for the cost of headers....you do not get much in return....i just had the cat replaced under warranty...and it went back to running nice....my plan so far is K&N Plugs, wires, dist cap n rotor already completed...

as far as suspension...i am still OK there....so I will do that all at once....and well....i know that will be a big chunk of coin for me....so that one needs more thought put into it....the PCM replacement....I am not too sure on that one either.....cost versus your return is not big enough...at least with what i have seen to warrant it.....

the toughest part of modding vehicles, is reading through all the sales B.S. that they put out....I have a 95 banshee that is modded and 2 years ago I was radared at 96 MPH on tar. The funny part about it....I do not have a ton of money into it....its all simple changes....

guess what I am saying is becareful how ya spend the coin....just because ya buy all the latest and greatest...doesnt mean it will serve its purpose....yknow??

Old 03-17-2004, 04:40 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Well, I think you are a tad wrong, or rather, I disagree slightly... My headers were a very impressive difference, and my PCM came with my truck, but I've driven one without, and I do think it matters, at least to me...

The things about suspension, even stock, you lose power to the wheels, I want my power to go forward faster. LOL!

To each their own, my mods have each been very worth while investments... the headers the best so far... Money is VERY tight for me... so I'm not preching here. LOL!

~Amanda

Old 03-17-2004, 04:46 AM
Aftrshck
Veteran

that is cool...I am glad you have seen differences....I guess maybe it depends on what vehicle/motor/specific change/etc.etc.etc...

as a mechanic....I would see so many people spend all this money on mods, and then get all salty when they did not get these "HUGE" results....it was a joke...

research is everyones best friend...that is one of the reasons I join all these boards....my own type of research.....I will consider the headers....but for the PCM...I have had REAL bad luck with those situations....my F-150 comes to mind...man what a nightmare that was...

heh...i guess i write books eh? oh well....must be the lack of sleep....

Old 03-17-2004, 07:13 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Quit modifying it? Is that even an option?[sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]Great looking truck, I was going to mention wheels & tires for the "roller skate" look.[sm=smiley36.gif]It still looks great though, I can't wait to see it when your done.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 03-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Aftrshck
Veteran

the tires currently on here is the biggest i can put on. my plan is to do the lift and wheels and tires at the same time...i only laugh at the trucks that i see when they have a lift and still have factory wheels on it...i dont want my truck to be like that...anyway....in time...i will have it as i want it...hehehe...

Quick Reply: Well, Another Newb here....