New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

03 Dodge Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 11:22 AM
philly19151
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Dodge Ram 1500

First hello to everyone as I am new to the forum. I am having the dreaded symptoms of engine failure of the 4.7L Magnum V8 in my Ram 1500 Sport. It has 90,000 miles and has been serviced faithfully. Recently it started shutting off randomly, it would restart right away at times and sometimes after a few turns of the key. It backfired when I tried to restartI had it once or twice, had it tuned, it only shut off once since then. Recently the check gauges indicator came on and the oil pressure gauge dropped to zero and right back to normal, had oil pressure checked it checked out fine. Had further tests done and getting misfire codes in two cylinders. Haven't really driven it since from fear of damaging engine. I switched to full synthetic oil about three oil changes ago. Is there a bigger oil pump that can be used to replace the too small original pump. What parts should I try replacing. Should I continue to work on this engine or change it out. My buddy has a 5.7L Hemi engine with all the components, from his damaged 05' Magnum. Can this engine be swapped out & how complicated would this be to fit. I don't want to bother with another 4.7l as I have heard too many bad reviews o this engine.

Quick Reply: 03 Dodge Ram 1500