New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

performance Truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Iggy07
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool performance Truck

Hi all you Dodge peeps, new kid on the block.
have a 98 1500 4x4 5.2L with about 278,300 miles, and must have been made in the middle of the week, has been a very maintenance free truck. But with some wear am burning up oil out of # 8 cyl, looks like a 2-stroke. so am swapping out with a reman. and with the old motor, am hoping to start a summer project and see what changes i can do and not spent a lot of $$$. reading blogs, seems i can get couple more horses out this small block and not get to pricey. have read i can increase stock bore to .040 over, use same crank, change cam and maybe revalve and machine couple 360 heads and throw a double pumper, holley or carter on it. turning into a carb. motor, what of the FI system and brain box, not sure what to do with that? any suggestion???? have about 3 more month in school and some time after march, so planning on saving the pennies and getting started. any comments use my email....iggy07 at aol.
iggy07

Last edited by Iggy07; 12-05-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: performance Truck