New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Performance chips or modules, throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Destro 45
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance chips or modules, throttle body spacer

Howdy, I am in need of some advice and wisdom. I currently have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 4 door truck with a 4.7 engine running with a single hiflo catalytic converter into a magnaflow dual exhaust on 22 inch 305/45R tires. I also have a K&N cold air intake kit with a voltage stabilizer. I want to know what kind of performance chip I should go with. I see many options to choose from, such as a powerbox performance module, SLR motor sports performance ship as well as flashpaq programmers. I have no idea which way to go, brand, or if I can use both together. The modules and chips are around $70 and the programmers run at $500. Also on a side note I was wondering if I should look into a throttle body spacer or if that might bog my engine down with too much air. I would really appreciate any info on these subjects. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Aboard Destro 45! Stay tuned - a Technician (or member) will jump in shortly to provide a possible solution. In the meantime, don't forget to browse Sub-Forums: Ram for stuff related to your ride.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Destro 45
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really appreciate it. Looking forward to the advice!

Quick Reply: Performance chips or modules, throttle body spacer