New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

need HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:28 PM
rick king
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need HELP PLEASE

Truck runs an stops 2001 5.9

Old 01-17-2012, 02:40 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Aboard rick king! Stay tuned - a Technician (or member) will jump in shortly to provide a possible solution. However - I would strongly suggest you provide more information then my "Truck runs an stops." Does it "sputter" before it stops? Does it run for a few minutes until you give it gas? When you say it "runs" are you saying you can drive a few miles and it shuts off? The more information you can provide - the better chance someone might be able to help ya. In the meantime, don't forget to browse Sub-Forums: 2nd Gen Ram (1994-2002) for stuff related to your ride.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM
rick king
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 5.9 dodge ram

truck runs for awhile then just cuts off,has gas flow an spark,when it cuts off it seems like it's timing is off then goes back to normal after I floor it to get it started,can't even leave the neighborhood got stuck 3 times,had it diagnose nothing came up,put a new coil an tps sensor same problem,could the engine control module be bad? thanks Rick