New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

97 Ram Short bed shaking/wheel hop from the rear when applying brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:41 AM
papercut64
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 97 Ram Short bed shaking/wheel hop from the rear when applying brakes

When I apply the brakes the back of the truck shakes up and down like the drums are out of round. I have had this problem for over five years. The first set of drums(factory) lasted 217,000 miles. They still were in spec, but replaced anyway. I have an aftermarket set now. Granted, some aftermarket stuff does not have good quality. These are brembo. Checked the drums for runout, almost perfect. I still have the shaking issue with the new drums. ABS? I do use the ebrake/parking brake religiously every time I park. Will this cause runout issues? Eventually? What about the new drums? I want the smooth stopping I used to have. Goal, half a million miles.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Aboard papercut64! Stay tuned - a Technician (or member) will jump in shortly to provide a possible reason (solution) for your brake problem. In the meantime, don't forget to browse Sub-Forums: 2nd Gen Ram (1994-2002) for stuff related to your ride.

Quick Reply: 97 Ram Short bed shaking/wheel hop from the rear when applying brakes