New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie Questions - Bull Bar & Tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Carverdave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie Questions - Bull Bar & Tonneau

Hello everyone. I picked up my new 2012 Dodge Laramie Longhorn crew cab, 1500 Hemi yesterday and man, what a truck. It’s loaded. Never thought I would own a truck like this. I’m on cloud nine. I’m considering adding a couple aftermarket options and am seeking some opinions. I’m looking at putting on a bull bar and tonneau cover. I’ve checked out the Westin bull bars online. They look good and from what I’ve read on the reviews are good all around bull bars. I’m not sure I care for the license plate relocating bracket though. My state requires front plates so I’ll most likely need to relocate it no matter what bull bar I go with. Any suggestions on bull bars?
My truck also has side rails. They look great but limit me on the types of tonneau covers I can put on the truck. I’ve looked at Bakflip, Peragon, and Tuxedo online. Any recommendation here? I’ll take suggestions on both hard and soft covers as long as they’ll fit my truck. I had a couple concerns on the Bakflip as I’ve read on this forum that some folks have had problems with leaks. I watched the video on Paragon and it looks to me like if you’re carrying a load with the cover shut and the load shifts to the front you might not be able to open the cover.
Thanks,
Dave

Old 03-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Peragon
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carverdave
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello everyone...I’m looking at putting on a...tonneau cover. ...
Carverdave,

Hi and thank you for considering the Peragon cover!

To determine if our cover will be compatible with your hand rails, please read this document, We will need the measurements mentioned and several photos of the top of the side rails and the underside to see how those rails fasten to the truck. Send the pics to sales@peragon.com, attn: Rodger.

If you're concerned about load shift, we recommend the Hitchmate adjustable cargo bar.

If you haven't yet, please check out the links listed in my introduction to find out what others are saying.

If there's anything I can do to help you, let me know!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Supercub
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome aboard...you've got yourself a nice truck!

Quick Reply: Newbie Questions - Bull Bar & Tonneau