New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

newbie..sort of

Old 03-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Chris24p
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie..sort of

so in 1994 started off in a service dept(porter)@ a local Pontiac dealer, couple years after that hired in as a service writer(consultant). i was sent to the GM tech center for basic classes, alot of cool info learned from all that time. around 1998 i was offered a postion in the body shop as an assistant manager, still learning on the job i bounced around from chevy dealer, chrysler dealer, small independant & one large corp sized shop. all as either an assistant, a manager, or damage appraiser. however for the past five years i have been working for an insurance company and have lost touch with the techs and mechs, and now need some recomondations with my 2005 durango 4.7, 85K miles on it -Ck engine light is on, trans slips in&out of gear, surges & stalls, yesturday the throttle stuck wide open and i was able to put it in nuetral and shut the ignition off. i coasted to a stop and tried to restart it but now it's a crank no start prob. the dealer gave me an estimate for $520 to replace the EGR, $110 to clean the throttle body, $110 fuel induction service?, $179.00 trans fluid flush...oh and the trans my need an O/H $2400!? & "IT MY NEED MORE REPAIRS"? to me it seems like a classic case of "shot-gunnig"?
ah my how the table has turned, i remember as a rookie adviser i had a drivabilty tech try and have me sell a $400.00 tune up on a trans am(the guy freaked out on me). i may have to talk to the service manager on this one?

Old 03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Supercub
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!

Search this Thread