New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Dodge Dakota 3.7L Code P0302

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:11 PM
bogie107
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Dakota 3.7L Code P0302

Dodge Dakota, 3.7L, 109000 miles. For the last few weeks when i start my truck in the morning I would get a lot of steam / smoke for the first few miles then it would clear up. There would be no smoke / steam after i left from work. Talked to a mechanic buddy of mine and he told me it was probably condensation since I had not lost power or had no indication of coolant in my oil or oil in my coolant. 3 days ago i drove to work and parked the truck, when i left work that evening the truck was chugging and miss firing pretty bad. Sounded like i only had 1 or 2 pistons firing. I put my code reader on it and it showed Misfire in #2 and #4. First thing I did was put in new plugs and changed the oil. Wanted to get a good look at both. Looked normal except for the #2 plug which broke in the head and I had to wait until the next day to get it out (took a #6 easyout and the biggest I had was #5) So I finally get it out and replace with a new plug. I start the truck and it's still the same, not as bad but still bad. The next step for me was to replace the over plug ignition coil. Still running rough. Did a pressure check on the #2 and #4 cylinders, #2 read 120 and #4 read 145. The 120 worries me but i am thinking thats enough to run better than it is. The truck is my only transportation and i work so i drove it to work today and when i get home i let it cool off and take the plugs out for a look. #2 looks like it has thick soot on it and #4 was normal. I checked for fire and both are firing but i cant tell if they're firing normal, i just know theres fire. I read on here that i should check my cat. Question is how do i do that? I also read that it could be a bad fuel injector. Money wise cheapest to most expensive the injector is my next step. Any HELP will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bogie107; 04-15-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Dodge Dakota 3.7L Code P0302