New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New to DF, proud owner of 97 Dodge Intrepid

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 08:13 PM
LuvMyIntrepid97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New to DF, proud owner of 97 Dodge Intrepid

I know some will laugh, but i do love my car!!
97 Dodge Intrepid 3.3... crap for a paint job, but runs great...
It has had many issues (b/c of neglect from previous owners) over the last 3+ years, but between my bf and a few various others, it has more than paid for itself... $500 and about $2000 in parts/ reg. maintenance over the last 3 yrs and she has seen about 25000+ miles from me... She's old and UGLY (i want to paint, but other things have been more important)... been thinking of trading her in for a truck, but just can't seem to do it, she has a strong engine and tranny and a tow capacity of 2500.... i keep telling myself that i am not dropping another dime in her... YET, i still do, too good of an engine and too much time/money,blood,sweat and tears put into her NOT to keep her until she runs no more... will be posting another in the appropriate area, i have mechanical questions!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:13 PM
showtimeweber
Amateur

welcome to the forum

Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 AM
deadkenr
Rookie

Congrats! A good car is certainly hard to part with. I still regret bringing a Volvo 240 to the junkyard. It had over 280k on the Odometer when the speedo cable broke. I easily put another 20k on her. I just didn't need the car anymore. Of course, the car I bought to replace her wasn't nearly as good, reliable, or inexpensive as her (although, it looked nicer). Live and learn...

-Ken

Quick Reply: New to DF, proud owner of 97 Dodge Intrepid