New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Tennessee owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Karride
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tennessee owner

I'm a new (1 month) owner of a 2001 1500 5.2 with 200k Miles, thanks to my nephew smashing my Jetta into a curb and totaling it while learning to drive.

Don't have maintenance records other than whats on carfax, but engine is pretty clean for 200K and runs smooth, and the transmission seems to be behaving itself so far. This is my first domestic for me, I've owned and worked on BMW's and a Mazda pickup before this, and I have to say I'm liking the room to work in the engine bay, and the high availability of junkyard parts

I've already had to replace my EVAP lines (light came on about three days after I bought it, grrr), and I'm replacing my Intake plenum bellyplate (Along with the timing chain, water pump, thermostat, Upper, lower and bypass cooling hoses, Ignition wires, plugs,cap and rotor.....did I miss anything?) by swapping in a junkyard plenum I am prepping with an aluminum plate. Hopefully I don't get hit with any surprises once I get into it. I think I have read about every thread in the 2nd gen Ram forum about the plenum replacement twice over.

Also doing doing an e-fan conversion (Mark VIII junkyard pull with a VSC-31165 controller). Gonna do it all this Labor day weekend, and hopefully be able to share some pictures.

Last edited by Karride; 09-24-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 AM
TRUCKDIVA
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum!. If you have questions on aftermarket accessories or are interested in purchasing some then pm me.

Quick Reply: New Tennessee owner