New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New "Old Guy" Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:25 PM
bailey49
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New "Old Guy" Thanks

I have a 1996 Ram 2500 x-tended cab. 353K in travels. I used the truck in my appliance business. I have semi-retired and decided to learn more about doing my own mechanic work. At 63 years of age I never have done "mechanic" work on my vehicles. My old Dodge needed some TLC. First thing was to attack brake and electrical issues. I spent quite some time searching your forum. Today I completed replacing calipers, pads on front. Followed instructions from your forum. All went very well and job is complete and works fine. Best info on bleeding the system came from a note from someone about the plastic bottle one man bleeding system, especially after my wife spent mucho more time pumping brakes than she cared to!! So went to parts and purchased plastic bottle kit, really worked well and wife is in house much happier!!

So just a much appreciated thanks to all of you forum contributors!!

Last edited by bailey49; 09-10-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:40 PM
TRUCKDIVA
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum! If there are any aftermarket accessories you are looking for just let me know!!