New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

99 Dodge Intrepid Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 PM
nightlystars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 99 Dodge Intrepid Help

I am currently driving a 99 Dodge intrepid with the 2.7 chrylsler engine. (yes i know its the one that likes to blow up) Just looking to see if anyone has driven one to the point where it blew up, (am looking to trade it just need to see how long i have) It has 88300 ish miles on it, oil has been changed every 3000 miles, but latley i have noticed that it has been burning oil a good bit when ever i put my foot on the gas if i go from stop to go, the valves r starting to knock pretty good and it has @ times been wanting to stall if sitting in one place for a little while. I took it to a dealership today and they only want to give me 1250 for a trade, it has a cd, tape player ,power windows and locks ,power drivers seat. 2 brand new back tires, (front ones r getting close to be replaced. The body has a few dents in it (mainly all on the back passenger side door) I work for walmart and people seem to like to run buggies into my car. I did get to close to a trailer hitch and theres a mark on the front grill with a trailer hitch mark. Should i see about getting a little more out of it. It also has a kill switch under the lower dash that was installed after it was bought. Inside has no rips or tears looks great for the year.
They also said that my transmission is slipping (which is a lie) the car since day 1 has always shifted hard if u dont use the gas just right or if it has been cold and not warmed up yet.

Quick Reply: 99 Dodge Intrepid Help