New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

'01 Ram dash board...

Old 09-07-2005, 11:20 PM
anna24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Ram dash board...

Just noticed two cracks measuring about 8" long crawling up my dashboard today. I bought this
truck eight weeks ago and have wiped the dash off a couple of times since and they weren't there
then. Found this forum while looking to price a good dash cover. Jees!!! Apparently I'm in good company... Pisses me off that Dodge won't stack up and make good on this obvious quality issue.
This truck is only four years old, and it's super clean! I don't need this crap happening already.
I had already taken notice to the apparent poor quality of some of the interior after driving the truck a couple of days. The door panels creek and squeek when you pull or push on the door handles. I'm not terribly picky. I planned on maybe removing the handle and seeing if I could
perhaps do a little "shimming" here and there to resolve the annoying racket. Again, this is on a
four year old truck. What's the interior gonna sound like or look like in four more years?
My fuel pump went out at 89,000 miles (Cummins) two weeks after I bought it. It was under warranty and the dealership replaced it with the in-tank pump. That didn't really even upset me.
I know things just happen on engines from time to time and the fuel filter was rather filthy. So that was a ball dropped in routine maintenence by the previous owner. The dash and Dodge's refusal to take care of the problem is my only gripe. So far I really like the truck and in the last two years of asking and reading I've heard almost nothing but good about these trucks. Of course I've not dug very deep into this forum yet either...

Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 PM
rradmer
Default RE: '01 Ram dash board...

Sorry to hear about your dash.

I just bought an 05 1500 HEMI QuadCab LB. Bought it with 8 miles on it. This is the third Ram I have owned. The first to were 2nd Gen. I have never once had a problem with either of them. As a matter of fact this is the 5th Dodge / Chrysler product i have owned all with no problems. I think you are just runing into an isolated bad expierence. The privious owner most likley had the truck out in the sun all the time and never had a dash cover on it. With 4 years of solid sun abuse, you can along at the wrong time. Like you said, "that was a ball dropped in routine maintenence by the previous owner".

Have your rig checked out, fix any potential problems and be religious with maint from here on out. Your gonna love it from now on.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:24 AM
MGDMike
Champion
Default RE: '01 Ram dash board...

Hello anna24-I found this forum because I was looking for info on my 2001 Ram...In the last month or two the cracks have gotten worse and now the platic is sticking up and looking like a whole bunch of spear tips ready to get thrown at me. Good luck on your end though and welcome to DF.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '01 Ram dash board...