New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Another Newby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 AM
vintageracer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Newby!!!

Not new to Dodges just the forum!

I have recently purchased a 1987 Dodge Ram 150 Red/Red Cargo van. The van is very original down to the usable original red paint. The van is loaded with steering, brakes, A/C, tilt, cruise, windows, locks, rear defogger, single rear door, rally wheels and more. I am thinking this will be the perfect Long Haul Hot Rod Power Tour truck for the 2013 Power Tour. I have Long Hauled 7 different times always in something unusual.

So what's so unique about his van?

The van is an original 1987 Indy 500 Race Support Van. I purchased the van from the original owners who purchased the van from a dealer in Louisville Ky after the van was released from the track. As mentioned earlier the van is completely original paint WITH the original Indy 500 graphics in good condition. The van is super straight with no paint work and no rust. I have already began the process of buffing the original paint. The van will look superb when finished. You will swear I have painted the van as it is going to look that good!

I have contacted the Indy Museum archives and they are working with me concerning photos of the van at the track. I have attached a link to a photo album with pictures of the van when purchased, showing a section of the original paint polished and a picture of the body build tag.

I have several questions about the body build tag which is the last picture in the album. Is there anyone that can decode a VAN body build tag? Are any of the codes on the tag to denote special company use such as the Indy 500 race? I have searched the net with no success in decoding this VAN body build tag.

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...%20Dec%202012/

I look forward to any help/responses and to participating in the forum!

Merry Christmas!!!

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Another Newby!!!-p1190681.jpg  
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 PM
4Dodgetrucks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mike,
I am another newbe here and I want to say what a find! I am an ex circletrack crew chief (asphault) and I llok forward to the posts of the van. Had a van in my past but it was a bowtie form 1986 to 1993. I had 235 K on that old 305 when I traded it in on my 1993 Dodge ram 2500 12 valve cummins. Take care Gary in Texas

Quick Reply: Another Newby!!!