New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New dodge owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Mindgame
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dodge owner

My name is Bruce and im 20 years old.
Well i got sick of my dsm and decided it was time for something dependable. So i went out and bought a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. I still have my talon for now but its not drivable for some reason it wont go into gear.

Well anyways i think i made a mistake getting this truck. I miss driving my talon i think i would be happier in my 15 year old car than my new truck. Dont get me wrong here i love the truck but im not sure it was the smartest decision. Some encouraging words might change my mind though.
Heres some pictures of my cars.
Stock Ram

Heres my 92 talon tsi awd... Mods, rebuilt 6 bolt engine, rebuilt tranny, Extreme intercoolers Front mount intercooler with short route piping,650 injectors,dattalogger, S-afc, Small 16g turbo, Competition clutch stage 4, rewired 255 walbro fuel pump, hbc boost controll, autometer boost and egt guage,Goldline springs, kyb struts.
It has a nice little dent in the rear quarter. I love this car its such a sleeper.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: New dodge owner

Welcome to the site. Thats a nice looking truck you got there. I dont' think you made a mistake getting your Ram. Its new so its more dependable. I assuming its 4wd so you'll be able to get around in the snow. I now your talon is too but you've got a ton more ground clearance. Its a QC so you've got more room. I know you're only 20 so I don't know if you have kids but if or when you do it will make it a lot easier getting them in and out. I was 22 when I got my truck but I was thinking for the long run. Plus its a truck! You can't go wrong with that. Give it some time. I had a 97 Eclipse that I had all hooked up and I loved that car. After it got stolen, I got my truck. It took a little getting used to but there is no way I could give up my truck. You didn't make a mistake. In time you're gonna love it. It looks like you into modding your vehicles too. There is a ton of stuff you can do to make it you own. I'm sure after you look around you'll get the mod bug and we'll be here to help you spend that money. LOL. Good luck man.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Mindgame

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:12 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

For starters, welcome to DF and congrats on your Ram.

Dodge trucks are probably the most reliable trucks on the market. I say that having owned 2 in 3 years. I had 2 Dakotas, one was a RC and the other was a CC....the RC was a short term purchase.

I think you made a good call on getting the truck. It's big and roomy, plus you can make your car a trailer queen to some degree. Also, think of all the times you actually wanted people in the car with you....those big QC Rams are great on road trips....

Good luck with it and hopefully you stick with it!

Quick Reply: New dodge owner