New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

2000 Ram 5.2 Question. New to site but love it so far!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
fousejoshua
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2000 Ram 5.2 Question. New to site but love it so far!

I bought my truck used from a neighbor who has since moved. The 2000 ram 1500 looks like it should have something plugged into the valve cover on the passenger side (not the oil fill side). Whatever was plugged into it has since broken off and I have no idea what goes there. Also sometimes when accelerating the engine is reeeealy sluggish almost as though im towing a load. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Cat converter? O2 sensors? Plugs n wires? I love my truck and im just wanting to get the best out of it. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-24-2012, 02:25 AM
dino30
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the valve cover you should have a PVC valve that runs to the intake ( filter box or tube) . As for the sluggish it could be a lot of different things .. i would start by inspecting plugs and wires , then move to vac leak's ..If nothing was found run a can of seafom through the engine ( 1/3 in the brake booster vac port, 1/3 in the gas tank , and the last in the oil ) to clean the injectors, valves,and combustion chamber of carbon buildup . If it was an o2 sensor it would throw a code . but you could also have a cat that is clogged . if you have an inferred thermometer ( available at harbor freight or northern tool for 10-15 bucks ) then you can check and see what the temp is b4 the cat and after .. It should always be warmer on the back side (exhaust side) if its warmer on the engine side then your cat is clogged , and you need a new one .. hope this helps .

Quick Reply: 2000 Ram 5.2 Question. New to site but love it so far!