New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello (and thank you)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM
MadMan459
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello (and thank you)

I just joined this forum today, thanks to Google.

I was looking for info on my lack of heat in my '99 Dakota, when Google pointed me to a 5 year old thread started by CarGuyOhio. ( https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-...y-virused.html ) His little photo essay did the trick and I won't have to suffer through another frozen Minnesota winter. Tomorrow, I'll do the same to my wife's Dakota as well. A warm wife is a happy wife.

A little about myself...
My name's Darren and I live in, well, Minnesota (like I said already.) The handle is one I've been using since my CB days back in the late 80's. I was a moderator on the old MacAddict forums for several years, ran their SETI@Home team and did some web work for them as well. Since then, I really haven't done much with any forum, but I've kind of missed it.

I bought my 99 Dakota new just before leaving the Chicago area to move up here. In 2003/04 I learned a valuable lesson... Magnum motors tend to sludge out if you don't change the oil regularly. That lapse in judgement left it parked in my garage for 7 years until I could afford to get it fixed. That happened last winter. As a result, my soon to be 14 year old truck only has 58,000 miles on it and looks damn near new. And yes, I learned my lesson and am religious with regular mantainence now. :-)

I'm going to start working on my wife's old 2000 Intrepid soon, a project car of sorts... so I'll be looking for some tips!