New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

new from NW Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 AM
louisianajedi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new from NW Louisiana

Hello all,

We just got my gonna-turn-20 yr old son a 20 yr old Dodge Dakota Sport (1993), 3.9L V6. 151K miles. Trying to learn as much as possible about it to work on it. I've been browsing through your site and I'm sure I'll have more questions later. It cranks strong, but seems to run rough at idle and a strong smelling exhaust. Seems to run pretty good at highway speeds. Checked for codes with the check engine light and got a 12-13-55 last night. Haven't done any testing yet. Everything looks good, and the MAP looks like it is newer than the truck, so I guess it has been replaced at some point. Gonna put new plugs in tonite, figure it wouldn't hurt. Also ABS and EBrake lights stay on. Checked all fuses, they are good. Did notice in the underhood fuse/relay box that there is not a relay installed in the ABS Relay position. Possible that is it? Anyway, thanks for having me.

Last edited by louisianajedi; 01-09-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: new from NW Louisiana