New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Exhaust leak after installing flowtech headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:26 PM
BMWtech132
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust leak after installing flowtech headers

Hello dodge forum,

Im a newb to the forum but this is not my first dodge

For christmas i decided to order a new exhaust for my 2001 ram 1500 sport (5.9) I bought a set of flowtech headers among other parts. I installed these "direct fit" headers after battleing the y-pipe to get it to match up with the flange. After completing the exhaust i drove it home from work with the rear window open so i could heard the new music. Once i finally closed all the windows i noticed a ticking from the front right of the vehicle. Once i got home i retightened all the header bolts to cyl head. none were really loose but gave them a snug. The ticking noise was still there after that so the next day i puut it back up on the lift and found the leak coming from the pass side collector/flange. Im starting to think that the factory y-pipe is the issue because i need to use some pretty serious prybars to get these to line up. after about 2 hours of loosening, adjusting, fighting i thought i may have fixed the leak. On the ride home i found the noise had gotten worse...

Has anyone installed flowtech headers, if so did you have this issue?

please help this noise is driving me nuts..

thanks,
dodge forum newb

Quick Reply: Exhaust leak after installing flowtech headers