New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

2005 Hemi SLT Laramie Electronic Throttle Control alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 03:48 PM
rickson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Hemi SLT Laramie Electronic Throttle Control alarm

Hey there guys and ladies. I'm Rick C. from up here in snowy Canada. Recently my Ram has had the ETC alarm come in on the dashboard. It wasn't flashing (which the manual says "GET IT IN IMMEDIATELY) so my wife used it to go to the dump. It stalled a couple times but ran fine other than that. Well now (when it's a -10C (+14 F)) it is very hard to start and keep running without keeping it above 3000 rpm and the alarm IS flashing. Over the course of a couple of days and me playing with it, it appears to be very temperature sensitive. The colder it is outside the harder it is to start and keep running. It's currently around freezing and it's not giving me too much hassles. I did a code scan with an OBDII reader and got P0129 (Barometric pressure out-of-range) and code P2174 Low Airflow Detected. It is a truck that does sit sometimes for several weeks without use. Anybody ever come across issues like this ? The fuel is fresh and I added some gas line antifreeze as well as some Sta-Bil (the red stuff). Air filter is clean. I'm stumped. any thoughts or tests I can do on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much and thanks for letting me join your forum.

Rick C.

Quick Reply: 2005 Hemi SLT Laramie Electronic Throttle Control alarm