New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

South Carolina Girl

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
lilwetduckie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile South Carolina Girl

Hi everyone! I just purchased a 2000 Dodge Durango about a week ago. I have been looking for quite some time for an SUV with third-row seating. Well, my Uncle owns a used car lot and came across this gem and I love it. It does have issues, but I am completely aware of that with used vehicles.

Here she is!

Here she is in her new home. The white 2G is my main baby. She is the reason I went ahead and got Carla (Durango's name). She is now parked and awaiting a rebuild (the car behind her is her new donor body!) The Ram beside her is my husband's truck. That is his back-up.

This is my husband's baby.

So all in all, we have quite the aray of cars.
1996 Eclipse GST (soon to be AWD) -- Nikki
2000 Firebird TransAm -- TA
1996 Dodge Ram (not sure if that is the correct year) -- Ram
2000 Dodge Durango -- Carla

I always name my cars.

But a little about myself. I am 27 and have been married for 6 1/2 years. We have a six-year-old son. He is great. I have always liked cars but didn't get into them until after I married.

We have been through so many cars, it isn't funny. I have had Nikki for about four years now (and yes she has always been very colorful, hopefully that'll change soon). We got the TA soon after that, so we have owned it for about four years as well. We just got the Ram within the past year. And now Carla.

Her issues are her tranny (that p1756 code, but that is will be fixed as soon as the husband has time off to get in there and change those governor parts) and just some cosmetic issues. Oh and we have noticed some radiator fluid leaking under her, pooey. It doesn't seem to be a big issue for the time being, so it is being put on the back burner until the tranny issue is fixed.

But as I was searching for the code, I came across this site. I am apart of a dsm site for my Eclipse, so I figured, what the hey! We don't plan on doing anything with Carla... even though I would love to see some sexier/beefier tires on her, but that'll wait for now.

Quick Reply: South Carolina Girl