New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Member. Hello all!!! :-)>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 02:39 AM
ddusty1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member. Hello all!!! :-)>>>>

Having trouble with my 04 QC Laramie. The locks were going up and down by themselves as well, the truck would disarm while it was parked. Took it to Cal Worthington in Carlsbad California and they ROYALLY screwed my truck up! Scratched my window tint, scratched my door, ruined the plastic tabs on all harnesses leading into the cab from the doors. Simply put electrical tape on them and shoved them into the doors. I professionally installed my system using only a Crutchfield harness and ONLY spliced into the speaker wires at the doors. They said the damage was done by whoever installed my stereo.! That was me and I never removed the harnesses! I am so upset!
They had my truck for 11 days and NEVER fixed it.

Here is the laughable part. I unplugged the harness at my drivers door and noticed charred connections... Go figure, water had gotten into the connection, shorted the wires and caused the problem that they couldn't fix in 11 days! The black wire with a purple strip was one of the two shorted. It leads to the drivers side lock actuator.

Anyhow, Now I'm looking for a new harness as they are telling me they wont warranty any work since I put an aftermarket stereo in my truck! Is this BS or what???

Anyhow, sorry to seem like a whiner. I am just POd at Cal Worthington Dodge. I will find another service center to maintain my Ram.

Any idea where I can find a harness for the Drivers side door and the harness leading into the door from the cab????

Thanks all!

Quick Reply: New Member. Hello all!!! :-)>>>>