New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

92 dakota 5.2 auto to standard major issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Demianiuk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 dakota 5.2 auto to standard major issues

Hi my names mike. Im in the middle of swapping my 92 dakota 5.2 4x4 auto into a real truck 4x4 standard. Lol .This is my second dakota last was a 90 v6 auto. Or should i say autos. 4 trans in 3 years. Yes i know its mostly me not the crap dodge autos. But ive been working thru the normel issues clutch pedal new drive shafts. Thanks to some other posts most my issues have been small. The 3" body lift has been the largest issue untell i came to the wireing. The park nutral switch is grounded and the moter wont Crank. No click all i can hear is the fuel pump witch is nice at very least and yes all fuses and relays are fine. I used the old auto wireing harness and wired in all the diffrent plugs. But theres the Crankshaft position sensor plug left. Could this be my issue. Just so i dont get a bunch of common sence replys. I just graded a ten month heavy duty tech course so i know a little about everything. In all the auto to standard swap posts ive read noone seems to have this issue. Do i need a diffrent p.c.m ( powertrain control module) im on the hunt for a harness i dont have to cut and soder. Sorry for this long winded post but i needed to explain everything properly. Thanks for your time and ideas.

Last edited by Demianiuk; 01-27-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: 92 dakota 5.2 auto to standard major issues