New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New from GA

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Dakota_Bill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from GA

Hi, I am retired or semi-retired. I work on small engines for something to do. The company I worked for was closed down during the recession I was a computer programmer and Microsoft had decided to no longer develop the Language I used so that meant I would probably need to take some classes for a new language. Plus I didn't really want to go through the resume and interview process at my age.

We have a granddaughter that lives with us and she just turned 16 so she has been driving my car. So I decided to buy a used truck and I ended up getting a 2000 Dakota club SLT. This is my first Dodge vehicle that I have owned. Mechanically it seems sound and the body is in pretty good shape but there are a few electrical gremlins I will need to fix. One of them being the right turn signal does not auto off after a turn and the high beams don't work because you can not move the turn arm forward. Only one speaker works and apparently the PO had one of those big amps and different speakers in it because we found monster wired run from the front to the back and from the battery to under the dash. I know the right door doesn't have a speaker in it.

So I may be a lot of asking questions. I have found a 2001 service manual so I'm hoping there isn't to much difference between the two. Is there any where you can get an owners manual free? Also the truck is equipped with fog lamps but I can't find a switch anywhere. Any help would be appreciated