New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
97Rammoneypit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy

whats going on dodge forum i am new here obviously I have a 97 Ram 4x4 5.9l and its becoming an expense. I bought it in Jun 12 and have been trying to get it to pass stupid ny inspection I am in the army up here at ft drum the armpit of america but I bought it from my buddy that was from South Carolina I thought well no rust and Im from around Beaumont TX and I will only buy a truck from the south. But when i bought it I took her out mudding and was rough on it because I was illegal to drive it anyways because of no state inspection and I knew it would never pass either it had straight pipes a fake cat. and the engine light was on so basically in shtty new york your truck has to be perfect to drive it on the road. Here is the list of crap from today because I am now tired of spending my time personally fixing it 1671 dollars for todays total for a mechanic to work on it and it still could use another thousand probably tell me if im being ripped off. left front wheel bearing, ignition plugs, wires, ignition cap, pcv valve, trans flush and filter, left front u joint, u joint on front drive shaft, u joint rear drive shaft, transfer case drained refilled, replace shock dampener,swaybar link, rear yoke bolts frozen and need to be extracted drilled out bolts and replace is this about right?????

Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
97Rammoneypit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was directly off the auto shop receipt Seems like bull****