New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New member, new driver...what car is better? 2nd-gen Intrepid or 2nd-gen Sebring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 PM
1aune
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, new driver...what car is better? 2nd-gen Intrepid or 2nd-gen Sebring?

Hey there,

I'm looking for my first car, and I have been zeroing in on what I would like specifically. I like the 2nd-generation Intrepids and the 2nd-generation Sebrings. But I am torn on what I should get?

I know to avoid the 2.7L engine that's common in both of these cars, so my options are a 3.5L Intrepid from 2002-2004 and a 2.4L four-cylinder Sebring sedan from 2001-2006.

Which one should I buy? What are the pros and cons of each one? Which one tends to be more reliable in general? Which one has the lowest TCO (repair and maintenance)? I already know that the Sebring 2.4L gets slightly better gas mileage, so no questions there. I just want something I can keep for about six or seven years, then I want to trade up to a Chrysler 200.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: New member, new driver...what car is better? 2nd-gen Intrepid or 2nd-gen Sebring?