New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 PM
speeed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

New member, i'm in Boca Raton, Florida.
Just bought a 2007 dakota slt 3.7 auto from auction, was flooded, not much damage, just put a used engine with 31xxx miles and change the canister, so far everything good, just need to change the valve cover gasket that im planning to do it by myself, so, if anybody can point me to the thread about it would be much appreciated.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Check out the 3rd Gen Dakota section. If you can't find an answer in a search, post up any questions. Someone will be able to help you out.

Welcome to DF.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF. Head over to the 3rd gen Dakota section. Hope nothing else crops up from the flood damage. You can't always tell immediately what problems flooding will cause later down the road. You got b@lls taking a chance like that. Good luck with it!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 PM
speeed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Welcome to DF. Head over to the 3rd gen Dakota section. Hope nothing else crops up from the flood damage. You can't always tell immediately what problems flooding will cause later down the road. You got b@lls taking a chance like that. Good luck with it!

Well, water damage isn't really bad, btw total cost around 5k, truck was like new in/out side with 80k miles on the dash and motor with 31k, drove so far around 2k miles and everything ok.

Quick Reply: New Member