New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Loving my 97 3.9 dakota

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:09 AM
DouglasWillard19
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loving my 97 3.9 dakota

Hello im doug, im a new guy. As the title says i have a 97 dakota 2wd 3.9l v6 slt. Ive had the truck for about 5 years now but ive only recently got off my lazy behind and started taking care of it. She's hung in there for me for the last 97 of her 198xxx miles.

I plan on posting in the appropriate places about a few probles the truck has, like the ole' oil pressure dropping that i've read so much about, how i might be able to deal with the dodge rust, and transmission stuff (i know absolutely zero about transmissions).

I'm posting for the first time but i have been pirating from you folks for a little while now... (ill have to find the post that convinced me that changing my water pump was not the daunting task most people make it out to be, and thank the poster for the heat i have enjoyed for the last month). Im a total newbie mechanic and will take every word of advice i can get. One lession ive learned quick is that having the right tools is the difference between finishing the job and wanting to push the truck off a cliff. Ive spent big bucks for some good tools, and it's already paying off.

I look forward to the conversations. Good talk, see ya out there.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:48 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF! Check out the Dakota sections. Lots of helpful, knowledgable folks there.

Quick Reply: Loving my 97 3.9 dakota