New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New but Old

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 09:24 AM
DP3W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New but Old

Well, i guess i had better introduce myself.
I'm Chris & I bought my first Dodge when i was just seventeen years old. I still have it. It has been my car for almost forty years, so while i am a new member, I am an old member, ummm... errr.. if you get my drift.
I took my first girlfriend out in it, I even married her, & i still have the car. Well, one out of two aint a total loss.

I am preparing to rebuild the sixth engine that my chassis will see & the lovely 360 that currently resides there will be replaced by a 1957 Dodge D500 Hemi of 325 cubes. This will be the fourth diferent Mopar V8 to power it. Nothing too flash, just basicly a modernised replica of the Power Pack option that was offered when the engine was new. The body will now get a total rebuild too & the project will probably take several years to complete & more money than i can imagine.

I like older Dodges, so if your car was built after 1960, then i regard it as being so new it should still be under warranty, so i guess i will stick around & see where the members interests lie.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: New but Old

Welcome to the site.

Old 09-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Double post.

Old 09-17-2005, 08:43 PM
DP3W

Thanks for the welcome.
I had a good ole look around & it seems that most are focussed on late model rides. The Viper & the Crossfire really perk my old bones right up, but the Stealth is, for me, a bit of a yawn.
The truck range also looks good & goes well, but i wont be needing to cary much freight, & crashing through the boonies is out for me too, so i'll leave the trucks for the truckers. I'll just stick with my early-girl & keep following the KISS principal [Keep It Simple STUPID] My old Dodge may not be fashionable, but she does have some style & class, so i always remember........ Something with class is always in style.

Old 09-18-2005, 07:26 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Welcome to Dodgeforum DP3W. I'm not into older generation models, but am suprised yours has lasted you that long. Any pics?

-Matt-

Old 09-18-2005, 08:59 PM
DP3W

Matt
Thanks for the reply.
Below are a couple of 1933 Dodge DP Three Window Coupe pics as you requested & i am surprised that you are surprised that a Dodge would last for about forty years. So far my early-girl has lasted for seventy two years.
My Dodges have always been quality automobiles, so i can't see why they wouldn't last for 100 years & more.

There are about 30 surviving 1933 Three window coupes currently known to exist. The mainstream coupe model was the Five window & they made thousands of 'em, but my friends & I,... well, we like the rare ones.
Within our small group we have a roadster in the works too & it is also early Dodge Hemi powered. In fact, the engine in my avitar is the one going into it.

It would be one of perhaps half a dozen genuine 1933 Roadsters that survive to the present day & is the result of a 20 year effort to source enough parts to rebuild a genuine roadster body from the roached remains of several cars. Both the roadster & three window coupes were largely hand built bodies [T.J. Richards] & most Dodge owners don't know that they ever existed. The good part is that there is another bare roadster rear section in the 20 year collection of dead body parts. It's pretty badly rotted but will not be scraped.

The cream colored car in the top picture is a stock, restored, unchoped 1933 Dodge DP three window coupe.

The bottom picture is of me & my coupe at my girlfriends place, on the morning of 11-05-67 & i had not long turned 18 years old. I think it was a Saturday. I had paid $200 for it & i drove it for a couple of years as my regular hack.
There's also a 1932 Dodge sedan in the back of the garage for when i get bored too. It's been there for only about twenty seven years. Maybee i should use the cast-off 360 in that.
P.S. Those pants don't fit me anymore [LOL]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21506/0D5E202E4A084D238FCA66764E3514DF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21506/AFF300200D5943AAAFB3FCF8C31AD676.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/21506/395EC7FBE97D4F64A5C2CC67A6A0AE0B.jpg[/IMG]