New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 02:59 AM
filthyram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here...

My name is josh. I drive a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab with a 5.2 liter magnum V8. Its two wheel drive and white.
I work for an automotive shop called Pride Automotive Inc. "have pride in your ride or leave it outside"...kinda lame but I'm learning a lot there. I'm a lube and tire tech, but i am currently studying for the A1 Engine Repair test for my first ASE certification.
My Ram is white, but i bought it used. Its gotten an upper and lower engine rebuild already, and now my plenum cover is leaking and causing my cylinders to misfire, but that will be fixed soon.
I've got a wife and a six week old daughter, and being the only income in the house,i haven't had the money to fix and repaint my truck. I only make 7.50 an hour and i actually had to get a title loan on my truck just to buy a baby crib. Hopefully i won't lose my truck because i have big plans of painting it (rusty and missing paint on the hood), lifting it, giving it a snorkel, remapping the ecu, giving it cold air intake and mounting pirate flags in the bed with a general theme of a white truck with chrome skulls and pirate flags.

Last edited by filthyram; 03-29-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the site, Josh. Head over to the 2nd gen Ram section and introduce yourself there. Lots of good info there as well. Be sure to read the plenum sticky on the main tech page and there is lots of good info in the FAQ/DIY section as well.. Welcome aboard!

Quick Reply: New here...