New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Laugh and point, It's the new guy!!

Old 09-27-2005, 02:52 PM
ghostofjohnstamos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laugh and point, It's the new guy!!

Hey folks. I'm a long time Dodge owner. Actually, every car or truck I have ever owned has been a Dodge.

My first car was an '84 Daytona Turbo Z, which is still to this day one of my favorite cars I ever owned. I traded that in on an 89 Daytona after a few years, which was also a fun car. After that, I traded up for the only brand new car I ever owned. A green '96 Dodge Avenger ES. I had that car for 6 years and piled up 150,000+ miles on it, and it was a rock every step of the way. I never had to change one thing that wasn't routine maintenence. Quite impressive. I probably would have kept that car longer, but I started having kids (Yes, it happens to the best of us ) and had to trade in on something more appropriate. I currently own a 2001 Durango SLT. We also own a 2000 Dodge Neon that my wife drives.

I don't know what it is that has always drawn me to Chrysler products, Dodge specifically. While the other kids were hot for Camaros and Mustangs, all I wanted was a Daytona. I never really even gave a second thought to buying an Explorer or Trailblazer.

I guess it's just in my blood.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:02 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Default RE: Laugh and point, It's the new guy!!

Welcome to DF!

Old 09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's great to have you with us!! I love hearing stories like yours.

I was forced into TWO GM products when i was younger because my family is GM raised. It's actually because my mother is a penny pinching witch and she made me get them because of the GM discount we can obtain. I'M PAYING FOR IT!! LET ME GET WHAT I WANT! Anyway, I traded a 1998 Sunfire in on my 1994 Ram that I still own. I also have a 1987 Daytona Shelby Z that's SLOWLY being worked on (has a knock, topside). I'm madly in love with BadStratRT so there is also a 2002 Stratus R/T in the driveway and an ugly 1983 Ramcharger hidden out back (the hood is all rsuty because someone sanded the hood before he got it and NEVER did anything more). There is also an 1983 Mirada that he runs at the drag strip...

Phew... enough babbling, eh? Welcome to the site and I hope you'll visit us often!

~Amanda

Old 09-27-2005, 04:59 PM
vestpuzzle1
Professional

I just luv the personal stories about Dodge ownership! This is one killer site!

Almost forgot, Welcome Dodge Fan. R.V.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19771/758D7A7AA23140EDBD07690C7F748289.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Laugh and point, It's the new guy!!