New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New Member-Maine

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Dennisa.taylor
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member-Maine

I have been lurking around here for a few years and it has been a great source of information. I figured it was time that I join. I am the 2nd owner of a 2000 Ram 1500, 5.2 Mark III Conversion. 32,000 miles when I bought it in 2005, have made 6 trips from Maine to Florida and presently have 92,000 miles on it. We have removed the middle captain's chairs because of the added room we require with 2 Blue Merle Collies.

I bought the van with the intention of towing a travel trailer. I added electric brake controller, Firestone air bags, tranny cooler, tranny guage and upgraded the rear end to 4:10 gears. Then only thing I have towed thus far is a U-Haul trailer with a 2005 Mustang on board(approx 6,000Lbs total). It towed like a dream. The 4:10 gears started making a noise and I opted to go back to original 3:55's. Never noticed much of a change in gas milage and sure miss the 4:10's. If I do get ready to tow I will probably go back to 410's.

I love my Van and have had no problems with it. I've had it longer than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Sad that Dodge chose to discontinue this line. Less than impressed with Mark III though. Had to fix rust on the bottom of the large windows. Vehicle has never seen salt but the body repair guy told me that Mark III didn't prime when window was cut out.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF! Be sure to check out the Ram van section.