New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Some helping infor for this old broad

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 06:13 PM
oldgaparamedic/RN3672
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some helping infor for this old broad

Hi all. My name is Karen Stokes, and I am a semi-retired Paramedic/Rn from Georgia, living for now in Arizona. I am a 61 year old female, a pretty much do-it-yourselfer when it comes to fixing things.

My question(s) are many, but the main one is this: I have a 1986 Ramcharger, (the SUV type), and when we parked it out on our 40 acres spread, it was running. About 4-5 years ago. The body is in PREMO shape, as was the interior. Over the years, mice and rats have got into the interior and built nests, chewed on wires, etc... I REFUSE to give my baby to a wrecking yard!! I KNOW I can do this! I am having it towed into town, and parked in my front yard at my apartment, where it will be accessible to work on. I am going to clean out the interior, and such, and go from there. I have every do-it-yourself book on Dodge known to man, and although it has been YEARS since I worked on vehicles, I can still turn a wrench and change a tire with the best of them. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to start after the cleaning, and what I need to look for? I am wondering where I can find the fitted carpeting for the interior, or do I use the old carpet as a template? I have a really good auto shop that I trust, so the wiring harness & engine can be renovated, so I have no worries there. I am hoping to get this done in a year, as I am planning on moving back to Georgia this coming October 2014. My husband recently passed away from cancer, and I am doing this on my own. Any and all help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to DF. Check out the Ramcharger, Trailduster and Power Wagon section here >>https://dodgeforum.com/forum/ramchar...ower-wagon-59/

They will be able to help you out.

Quick Reply: Some helping infor for this old broad