New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Dodge Newcomer

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 09:46 PM
vandezande1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Newcomer

HI, my name is Troy and just bought my first Dodge truck its a 1999 Dodge Laramie 2wd quad cab 5.2 with only 55,000 original miles. I bought it from a friend of mine who was to cheap to drive it so i offered to buy it from him and rescue the truck from collecting dirt in his driveway. I got a great deal on it to i showed him 6,000 cash and he took it. I have to say this truck would retail for 8,000 easily its that nice. Been driving the truck daily now for a week and have to say i love it. This truck is built strong looks strong and love the body lines on it.My friend did install duel exhaust so it has an awesome growl to it.Today i installed an Airdam cold air intake on her and a Auto chip direct chip to help me out with some hp's and gas mileage. I have noticed one thing on her that i cant figure out .When i go to start the truck all the gauges spool up except the gas gauge it sticks and when i reset the the ignition again it works but then goes to empty again while truck is running and i have a full tank. could this be from siting to long? i dont think the truck has had a full tank of gas in her in a long time so maybe the float or something is acting up? any suggestions on this would help thanks for reading ill post some pic of her soon

Last edited by vandezande1; 03-22-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to DF. Check out the 2nd gen Ram section.

Quick Reply: Dodge Newcomer