New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

New member from Pac NW

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 12:44 AM
Dacamo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from Pac NW

Hello from the beautiful Pacific Northwest! Here's my story:

Last year I acquired my first Dodge truck. It's a 1996 Ram 1500 2wd with a 5.9 Magnum. Ok, it WAS a 2wd until a few months ago when I horse traded my way into a Ram 2500 4x4 that had been rolled. The body was junk but the chassis and suspension were fine, and it already had a 12" lift kit installed with 37" mud tires. It took me about 6 weeks to do the body swap and get all the bugs worked out, but now it runs and drives great.

The paint on my truck was pretty bad, so I 'repainted' the whole thing with flat black bed liner. I haven't taken it onto any really rough trails yet, but I did get it muddy a few days ago out on the logging roads of the Capital forest. I still have some little things that need to be addressed, but I have a feeling I'll always find something else on it to tinker with, so it may never really be 'done' (gotta have something to aggravate the wife with, right?).

Old 04-01-2015, 12:57 AM
8Bolt
Thumbs up New also

Welcome, I joined 15 min or so ago !!!
People do not appear to be very inviting around these parts
Good luck & see u around here.........
Do u c the sparklies............

Old 04-01-2015, 12:59 AM
8Bolt
Exclamation OH

..........I just noticed you just posted a very few minutes ago........I wondered why no one had welcomed u yet? It's 4:30 am

Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 AM
carid
Former Vendor
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Dacamo, hello and welcome on board! Glad to have you here. Lots of very informed members on here with a wealth of information, so you've come to the right place! You'll find just about anything you might have questions about there.

Quick Reply: New member from Pac NW