New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Olde Guy from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 02:02 AM
Olde Bob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Olde Guy from Ohio

Hello everyone..
Olde Bob from the Buckeye State checkin' in for the first time.. I gotta tell ya, I am probably older than most of ya, but please, don't hold that against me.. If you dodge the bullets and don't get run over, maybe you will last this long too.. I sure do hope so anyway..

I have been a Dodge Rammer ever since 1994 when I bought my first diesel and believe it or not, I still got her. I don't run her just now, she needs a 5100 but that is all she needs.. I'll get around to it when it warms up this spring, She is a good one, with 485,7XX somethin on her.. I like her so much I bought me another '94 this past fall, only got 105k on this one, hardly broke in..

Anyways, the reason I signed on here is, my nephew wants to go a "Hot-Shottin' with a 3500 pullin a 40 foot trailer haulin styrofoam from a the local Dow Chem plant and I wanted to see if there is anyone on this forum with Hot Shot experience that might want to share some advice with us Rammers.. I found him a nice late model, low mileage 3500 to get him started, to see if he is gonna like the business, before I go blow $60 grand on a new one and find out it ain't for him.. So if there are anyone out there that has a word of advice for he & I, we would like to hear from ya all.. Thanks for listenin' hope to hear from ya'..

Olde Bob

Old 02-18-2016, 07:46 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Are you referring to the 94 Ram? Let me know and I can move this post to the correct area so you can get your questions answered.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:32 PM
Olde Bob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. My question was, directed towards anyone with "Hot Shot" trucking experience. I would really like to communicate with those folks if they are on this forum.

Olde Bob

Old 02-18-2016, 01:34 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

You might want to pose the question in the dedicated section for a particular model of Ram you are interested in. Most people don't venture out of those sections very often to check the new member area. I assume you would want a diesel if towing is going to be done. Post a thread in the Ram diesel section. Just don't post the same question in multiple sections, that is frowned upon.

Quick Reply: Olde Guy from Ohio