New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Southern Tier Ny Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Double Oh Dodge
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Southern Tier Ny Area

Hello All.....
I could have sworn I had registered as a member Here previously but DF.com couldn't find My credentials....So anywho to introduce Mehself.

I have a 2000 Ram Laramie 1500 2wD Ext w/5.9 Magnum V8.
I do perform all My own maintenance and repairs so long as it is realistic within what Tools or time I have available.

Hands Down there is No way Nice to put it I love My Classic/Antique Motorcycle More.
(At least if the engine or transmission on it fouls up I can give it big Hug as I carry it to the workbench!!)

She has been a faithful ole Girl, but Now I have gotten to the point where one step forward three steps back have me just want to turn 'er rolling Bonfire.
So I hope to get some insight Specifically on the A518/46RE A/T Dodge Opted for in this truck, but I will Select the appropriate Forum Section to Go into THAT 2 long month nightmare that aint over YET.

Before I catch crap from anyone, the one thing I know about more modern era Dodge; Is that as a general whole is their Paint and A/T's have a tendency to just be Craptastic Garbage (when you get a Good one Thank God--When You get a Moody One Kick the Devil).

So in Short I am proud to say that she left Tranny issues off the table for the first 15 1/2 years of her life, and Auto Cancer is at a Minimum.....Surprising for these Nasty Northern US winters and the amount of Salt the State slings on the roads.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:11 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the 2nd gen Ram section.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Double Oh Dodge
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep.
I have put a lot of Blood in sweat into this truck,and have never before chased myself in circles over anything so violently as the AT now.
I know my way around most anything mechanical. I don't have FORMAL training, but I was taught by a couple of Old heads at a young age and with natural curiosity it stuck-Over the years my knowledge has grown and adapted with the crap the put on vehicles these days compared to the beasts I first learned on.(nothing newer than an 88)
I am not afraid to toss up my hands and say screw it I dunno, but I will still Hunt and do as much research until
having the famous AH-HAH moment if there is one to be had.

I would rather fight with putting in the New front coil springs she needs, or replace the lower Control arms again, than continue the fight I have NOW.

Quick Reply: Southern Tier Ny Area