New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Proud owner of a 1995 dodge dakota

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 01:53 PM
Isaac95sltv8magnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud owner of a 1995 dodge dakota

Hello everyone my name is Isaac im new to the forum and a proud owner of a 1995 dodge dakota I'll have some pics later. Definitely needs some work though plan on making it a summer project

Old 03-01-2017, 02:08 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't get too involved money-wise. It's only a 95, but a good training aid (;

Old 03-01-2017, 02:25 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Check out the 1st gen Dakota section.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:31 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
Don't get too involved money-wise. It's only a 95, but a good training aid (;
In my case do not care what year it is I fix everything that needs fixed because I tend to run my vehicles into the ground, and as long as possible, then revive if possible....repeat. I refuse to have a car payment and given my job, I work on much newer vehicles and cannot stand them, the way they are made now a days, constructed cheaply (built to a price not for durability) and then sold way overpriced. with a little maintenance these older vehicles will outlast the newer ones..... mostly "catching up on past owners' neglected maintenance" does wonders for them.
I don't buy vehicles to flip" or I'd lose money/ but as many miles I am able to get from them makes them a steal. and I'm not afraid to take off camping or craigslist wild goose chase couple of states away once I go thru it..
paid $500 or one and got 72k miles out of it and would still have it if not for a bad wreck....... have bought and still own 2 more Dakotas (92 and 96) and still have em both. but I still miss that 93 especially its 5 speed (that I swapped in myself) 318 and 20 mpg...... it only had 202K on it when wrecked..... an I have had several ask how I walked away from it afterwards.