New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 08:48 AM
lashantadp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here

I own a NEW TO ME 2011 Dodge Journey V6 with just over 77500 miles on it. And just started having problems with it. Sunday while talking my cousin home I hit a pothole at a low speed and really didn't think anything of it after I got home and parked for the night. Monday when I was on my way to the doctor my battery light came on while I was on the freeway so I called my brother he told me it was a dead cell in my battery So I turned around. I had some paperwork I needed to fax so I did that and got back in the car the touch screen went out I'm like OK and didn't think anything of it, then I get gown the street the airbag light comes on, then one by one the other warning lights start to come on and its starts to idle rough while I'm driving so I pull over and turn it off for it not to come back on. I call AAA get it home it sits for a few days I'm able to get it to pep boys and replace the battery Wed. So I ask the guys if everything is OK they tell me it is I pull of and BAM the battery light comes on and the radio goes out. I get home and park for the night. Then yesterday I get up for work thinking everything is OK but what happens the same thing that happened Monday I have it towed back to pep boys they test the alternator and say its bad I tell them NOT to do anything to it because I'm thinking to myself that it couldn't be that if before I hit that pothole my car was running OK. So I start searching on the net for others with the same issues and run across this forum and see that its a common issue.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:28 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome. Check out the Journey section.

Quick Reply: Newbie here