New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

maybe a dodge this time

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 10:31 AM
djacobson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maybe a dodge this time

My 95 S10 is in its final stages. Frame rot has been spotted. So thinking of getting a used mid size truck. Dont really want full size because it would really fill up my garage and I don't need a big pickup. When looking out there around this area there are more chevy mid-sizes around than the dodges. I am really leaning more towards the Dakota for some reason. I hear the dakota get poor gas mileage. My S10 with the 2.2 only averages around 20. What is considered poor mileage compared to similar? Every brand has its maintenance issues.Does the dodge have any more than any other brand? Should I look for a newer one or are the older 2000 models ok?

Old 04-18-2018, 11:10 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

The Dakota's do not get great mileage. My 05 with the 4.7 gets 16-18 around town, maybe 22-24 on trips. Newer Dakotas with the 4.7 would be my choice. The older magnum engines had issues with the plenum gasket leaking resulting in engine damage if left untreated. Check the 2nd and 3rd gen Dakota sections for information on these trucks. Lots of good info there in the FAQ sections. Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: maybe a dodge this time