New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Rusted:Corroded Suspension area

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 05:02 AM
sarkisatoyan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rusted:Corroded Suspension area

]On Thursday, April 19, 2018 I brought in my vehicle (2018 Dodge Charger) for the service department (Rydell San Fernando, CA) to take pictures of the suspension area being rusted. Every staff was surprised to why this issue had occurred because it’s a brand new vehicle. Stephanie Miranda was able to assist me and advised that they will submit the pictures to the appropriate department for review.

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 I received an update from Stephanie by via email. She stated, “Chrysler did get back to us regarding your vehicle and they only approved for us to clean and paint the rusted parts. We did not get approval to replace any parts. Let me know when you would like to set up an appointment.”

I spoke to my case worker Solanch, and she basically informed me that her hands are tied and she can’t assist me with anything else to what the area manager has decided to do with my vehicle. But she also believes that the the parts should be replaced.

I have also filed a report with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

I have always dreamed of having this vehicle, and now that I finally do it is very disappointing how Dodge is responding to my issue. I was not happy with this response due to this being a easy cheap fix. I would like to get this parts replaced instead of placing a bandage. In case those rusted areas give up on me, I can end up having a major accident which will then lead to a lawsuit. I don’t want to escalate it that far, therefore please reconsider my request.

I have Inspected allot of vehicles the dealers and it appears that all 2018 Chargers and Challengers have the rust issue. Please check your vehicles for this issue and report it right away. Supposably I am the first person to report such an issue.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by jkeaton; 05-05-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:22 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Looks like normal surface rust. Have them clean and repaint.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:10 PM
sarkisatoyan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if that is normal. I live in California we barely get any rain or humidity. Plus this is a brand new vehicle. Made Jan 2018, purchased it about a month ago. I know these cars come from Canada so that can explain the issue but if they clean and paint that rust the material loses its integrity.

I checked all the cars in the dealership they all had the same issue. Looks like a recall issue to me.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:18 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Good luck!

Old 05-07-2018, 02:34 PM
b1lk1
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That rust does not effect integrity it is purely cosmetic. I'd not be happy either, but I also live in the Rust Belt so we're happy if our cars have no holes after 5 years.

Quick Reply: Rusted:Corroded Suspension area