2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Member - My Amazing Dodge Story

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 06:18 PM
gr8white101
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member - My Amazing Dodge Story

I am new to the site and posted my first question yesterday. Promptly, HemiLonestar and jkeaton helped me. Thank you guys! After this experience and having a look around, I am excited to be a member of this forum and contribute for a long time as a proud Ram owner. Now for my Dodge story.

A couple years back I decided to buy a 9,000 lb (empty) 32 ft 5th wheel Rv, get rid of everything I own and live on the road towing my home with a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi 4 door stick shift long bed. (cant find these anymore). This beast pulled that RV up and down the rockies, through the death valley dessert in AZ and CA, through the rugged Rio Grande valley and all over the country for 2 years with no problems. It overheated just once mid summer going up the Rocky Mountains.

I love my Dodge Ram and because it is so hard to find a 4 door long bed stick anymore, I want to preserve this truck that I call the beast. I was sitting on an island all alone in the Florida Keys about 2 years ago and decided I wanted to move to the Pennsylvania Mountains and end my trip. I came back to PA and the rock salt kicked the crap out of my truck as far as rust on the undercarriage and wheel wells because Dodge didnt put wheel well liners on the truck. I wish I had noticed this earlier than when the rust appeared. But I will fix these issues and I plan on buying another RV and getting back on the road for the winter. I dont want a Cummins because I cant fix it if it breaks down. So I am keeping this truck. It has been very good to me and this is a great example of why Dodge Ram pickups are beasts. I have attached a few pics of my trip.

The Moab

Favorite camp spot in MD

The top of the Colorado Rockies

the most beautiful pic I took. The Colorado River running slow through the dessert.

Saw free fire wood on the side of the road and got myself in a pickle to get it.

On my own island in the keys

Keys

World Chili Cookoff on the Rio Grande. Read the sign.

Last edited by gr8white101; 05-15-2018 at 06:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
nisso8090 (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 08:00 AM
nisso8090
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!

Old 06-17-2021, 03:28 AM
carid
Former Vendor
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi and welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing your story and amazing pictures. This forum has some very knowledgeable folks that can help you out. Enjoy your time here!